Re: Unidentified subject!

On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 11:17:19 AM -0400, lmert@c3net.net wrote:
> Hi,  I'm thinking of adding support to Wine so people can do drag-n-drop
> between Windows programs and GNOME.  Anyone have any advice or objections?
Umm... No objections, but:
1) I think there are better things you could be doing for either wine or
   gnome.  (But I've never been one to tell others where to give away their
   work.)
2) I don't know how possible it is.  Somthing tells me that the dnd
   protocols of windows and gnome work very differently.
3) I don't know how possible it is with the current state of wine -- in
   particular, of DDEML.DLL.
4) If you are newish to wine, I suguest that use of the X clipboard might be
   a good place to start -- to get your Xwin<->MSwin muscles stretched, as
   it were.

	-=- James Mastros
--
A basement-GNOME (http://www.gnome.org/) with PIP (IETF group) and WINE