Re: Compiling Gnome ?

On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 04:17:52PM -0400, Manish Vachharajani wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
> >
> > I have 32 MB RAM and a Swap Partition of 128 MB (which the compile
> > doesn't fully use). I think that ought to be enough.
>
> Hmm, it seems that that should be enough memory, so I am not sure whats
> wrong.  I just built the ORBit panel and it seems to work pretty well.

No, appallingly enough, I think that even this is marginal.  I have a
very similar configuration (32M core, 100M swap), and find that the
only way I can successfully compile Mico is to shut down every X
application other than the xterm in which the build is taking place.

If you're running a couple netscapes, gimps, and emacsen while
attempting this compilation, I'd expect you to run out of memory.

-- John Kodis.