Need help [installing|coding for] GNOME

I have been watching the debate between KDE people and GNOME people, and have
come to the conclusion that GNOME is A Good Thing (TM) for Linux, and Unix as
a whole.  I would like to contribute, first in the form of some programs I
have written that I would like to port from GTK+ to GNOME, and later perhaps
in a more involved way.  However, I am having some problems installing from
the CVS archives, and would appreciate some assistance.  Reply via private
email or mailinglist welcome.

--
Ian Peters
ipeters@acm.org