Re: LyX (was Re: Maxwell/GNOME)

Preben> The LyX people will recode LyX so that there should be a GUI
Preben> independent core.

Yeah, but we basically have to wait until they actually do this.  So
this plan has to be weighed against the possibility that they'll
actually not do so.

Preben> They want a GTK version eventually.

Another problem is that Gtk != Gnome.  It's easy to imagine scenarios
where a Gtk-ified LyX is still not really a Gnome application.  For
instance, what if it can't support our document model?  It would
probably be worthwhile to address this with the LyX developers sooner
rather than later.

Tom