Re: Graphics libraries

I had this problem with jpeg and png.  In both cases, it was because
I had two versions of the libraries, one in /usr/{lib,include}
and one in /usr/local/{lib,include}.  One of the versions of
jpeglib.h included a jconfig.h which had #include <config.h>.
That caused a compile error if config.h was not found, and may
have caused worse if it was found.  After I discovered the
difficulty with libpng, I removed one of them, but forgot to
remove the png.h that went with it.  *Then* I found that the
libpng remaining had an undefined reference to "crc32".  Whew.
I think I finally got it straight now.  And I've gotten into
the habit of examining config.log.

Greg Lee, lee@hawaii.edu, root@moore5651.lll.hawaii.edu