Re: undefined symbols in libgnomeui.so.0

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Bryan Scaringe wrote:

> So I am assuming that the gtk+ version that
> I diwngraded to didn't have something that
> gnome needs.

I've had similar problems.  Wouldn't more careful dependencies solve
this problem?  Under debian, you would just include:

Depends: gtk (>=1.1)

in the control file, and the problem is solved.  Not so clear on rpm
internals, but I would hope that one could do the same.  Strange and
unfortunate that the gnome rpms seem not to make use of this feature
aggressively enough.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       Director of Web Engineering   (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net