Re: Using autoconf on the configure.in got from AnonCVS

    Bertrand> There is configure.in in each package but no configure I
    Bertrand> thus tried to build it.  Sometimes, autoconf complains

There is a script called ./autogen.sh (I think it must be mentioned in
the instructions somewhere).  Use that, and it will handle most
details, like running aclocal; automake -a; autoconf in subdirectories
that have their own configure.in script.

In this case your error is probably because you did not run "aclocal"
before autoconf.