Re: Clearing out session list

Carsten Schaar <nhadcasc@fs-maphy.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
> It's non a problem with gnome-session.  It's a problem with the
> communication between smproxy and your window manager.
>
> An easy way to get rid of your permanently restarted applications is to
> kill the smproxy program.  But this prevents _any_ non GNOME
> application (or any application that does not support the X11 session
> management protocol) from being restarted from now on.

Humm, you are probably right, since the problem happens only with non-sesion
aware appilcations.  Gnome apps behave just right and I wouldn't mind starting
other apps from my xsession script, so your solucion may work well for me.
When should I kill the smproxy program?  Right after starting the session?
Before finishing it?

M. S.

Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co