Panel

After the panel got upgraded in CVS, I noticed that it stopped restoring
its state.  There was a message sent a couple days ago reporting the same
problem and I don't know if I have missed the response or what.  I looked
in my .gnome directory and noticed that there is a file called panel, a
directory called panel.d, and a directory called
panel-Session-<session-id>,  where session-id would be replaced with the
appropriate session.  I am assuming that the panel is being moved over to
a new way of saving its state.  I was going to try and fix the bug with
state restoration, but I realized I didn't know what the appropriate
behavior is.  Where is the config info really supposed to be stored ?  Is
anyone working on fixing this bug?  If not I will be more than happy to
fix it if some can point me in the right direction as far as the proper
files and directories for saving the panel's state.

Thanks

Neil Vachharajani
nvachhar@pluto.njcc.com