Re: ANNOUCE: GnomePager (FVWM2 Pager module for Gnome)

>> I just made the first alpha of GnomePager, a FVMW2 module which can
>> be swallowed by the panel and implements a subset of the fvwm2
>> FvwmPager module. Eventually it will become a gnome applet as soon
>> as i figure out jhow to make it working as a FVWM module and an
>> applet the same time. It has bugs and memorty leaks, but it enables
>> me to use the panel in my working environment. And i hope for some
>> feedback about the items in the TODO file and some hints about the
>> automake, aclocal,autoconf combo used by Gnome.  The URL is
>> <ftp://ftp.gams.at/pub/gnome/GnomePager-0.2.tar.gz>

ns> right now i could recommend you change the name.. gnome is already
ns> including a pager applet for IceWM, which could get confusing when
ns> there's also an Fvwm pager and you can't distinguish between them
ns> by their names.

Name change is no problem.

ns> maybe the two could be merged, and the WM supported could be
ns> selectable in a popup menu of some sort? or maybe in a preferences
ns> dialog?

The motivatyion for writing this pager is to avoid hacking Fvwm. Most
of the Gnome properties for Fvwm could be handled by this pager. My
plan is to make the module available without a GUI, so that the icewm
pager or any other thing can run. Another point is that i love to make
windowd change workspaces. This can't be done if the pager don't
display the windows. I admit that it is sometimes a little bit
problematic to fetch the correct window (they can be rather small) but
generally it works okay.

By the way:

I just learned that clicking on gmc icons on the root window switches
me back to the desktop where gmc was started, instead of openeing a
new browser on the currently active desktop. Any hints?
--
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh
See my web page <http://www.gams.net/~mla> or query PGP key server for PGP key.