assert() and mico difficulties

Well, after wasting most of an afternoon with mico, I've finally given
up.  I haven't seen this problem mentioned on these mailing lists before
(which isn't to say it hasn't been asked!).  Anyways, here is the compile
error I can't seem to get around:

make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/mico/auxdir'
/tmp/mico/./idl/idl --name dynany ../include/mico/dynany.idl
address.cc:437: assertion failed
make[1]: *** [dynany.cc] IOT trap/Abort
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/mico/auxdir'
make: *** [system] Error 1

So that's that.  There are other assert()s that fail, were I to compile
out line 437 of address.cc -- but that's obiously not the way to do it.

tia,
  Mike