compile questions.

Hi!

I'm new to this, so if there are more resources (eg, faq's) that I may
have missed, someone please point the way...

Anyway, I've been trying to compile gnome-stuff on a slackware computer
for about a week now and am getting quite frustrated.  I was wondering if
someone had a more up to date list of things to do that what is in the faq
that is currently on the main page.

I've gotten as far as gnome-libs, gnome-objc to compile, and have run into
another brick-wall at gnome-guile (undefined referece to dgettext, or
something very similar)  If anyone has any hints, or has a walkthrough of
how to do setup gnome without rpm's, I'd be very greatful.

Carl Bartels      |  I have water I have rum
McGill University |  Wait for dawn and dawn shall come
Montreal, QC      |  Underneath the bunkers in the row
Canada            |       --R.E.M.