Re: PLANNED PROJECT: GTK/Gnome CDR burning program

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, andy wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone was planning or working on a
> GTK/Gnome program to burn CDRs.  If not I am going to do
> it.  I plan on using Perl/GTK.  It is basically a GUI
> interface for mkisofs and cdrecord.

I don't want to be discouraging, but you should probably know in advance
that there's no Perl/Gnome (AFAIK anyway), and this means that you'll have
to do Perl bindings in order to make the app Gnome compliant.

Of course there's no problem writing a pure Gtk app in Perl, and you could
add Gnome compliance at some future time.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp