Re: GULP -> usr LPRng for lpq/lpc/lpq/lprm code?

> Very good discussion of why lpr/lpc/lpq are broken and GULP

Funny, I was talking to sopwith last night and I pretty much went
down the same path you just discussed. Given that the server
formats the lpq output, you're stuck.

Seems like you have to decipher lpq output inteligently,since you will
want to query print queues on remote machines which can be running
any lpd implementation.

Not having dug into LPRng very far, do you know if it tries to present
a generic interface to all the different lpd implementions? If so,
that might help GULP out. Of course, to real live up to its
name, GULP would also want to handle SAMBA and SysV lp systems as well.

The link to the LPRng slides didn't seem to work for me, btw.

Dr Mike
msf@redhat.com