Re: sound and gnome ?

The Sound section under the Architecture section on the gnome website
was my attempt at laying out what several people here have been
going into much greater detail about.

Raster sounded like he has done the most actually research/coding on
this problem. I'm not against using something homebrewed, but if
NAS can be made to easily do what we're wanting it might be worth
considering since it is a standard.

On the other hand, it would be cool to have a system where you
could plug in components in the stream, so you could hook an FFT
onto the final output and plot it, etc...

My concern is that for games which require control over timing of
sound events. I'll try to have a look at NAS - does anyone have a feeling
for how much latency we could expect?

Dr Mike
msf@redhat.com