Re: session management support

Mark> I'm not sure what argp is (pointer, Tom?)

argp is an options-parsing library by Miles Bader.  He wrote it for
HURD.

I didn't see it on alpha, sigh.  There are some examples of how to use
it there, but that's hardly helpful.

argp has the nice feature of automatically generating (nice-looking!)
`--help' output.  It also is implemented as a layer over GNU getopt.
This is a feature because it means that it will handle the
POSIXLY_CORRECT stuff properly.

However, if it isn't being actively developed, then maybe we should
avoid it.  I'll ask around.

Mark> Take a look at http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~jt/Software/

I looked at this.  It seems roughly equivalent to the argp package.
The argp package might generate slightly nicer --help output, and I
don't think opt handles the POSIX stuff.  These things probably don't
matter as much as the maintainership issue.

I'll send "arg.h" (which describes argp fairly well) to anybody who is
interested.

Tom