Screen savers misbehaving?

Are screen savers actually supposed to work with the panel, or is this a
known bug? When I try to use either the System->Background properties or
running xlock(more) from the command line, the panel just blinks.  I've
got the RPMS that were made for 0.12, which includes xlockmore 4.07.  This
happened also when I compiled GNOME on my own.

Dein,
Wil
W. Reilly Cooley, Esq.                   Schöner Götterfunken
cooleyw@reed.edu                             wcooley@navi.net
Linux 2.0.32                           RedHat 5.0 (Hurricane)

These days, you can't throw a tomato out the window without
hitting a college kid who knows and loves Linux.