Re: gnome-config problems

Daniel Barlow wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 1998 at 03:11:05PM +0100, Olof Oberg wrote:
> > <applet>
> > <param name="foo" value="bar"/>
> > </applet>
> >
> > is more obvios for the parser, but then
> >
> > (applet
> >       (param foo bar)
> > )
>
> And if you want to do named parameters, nothing's stopping you writing
>
> (applet
>   (param :name foo :value bar))

Bingo! well I'm satisfied.  This last piece was just a matter of not
knowing scheme.  Which I suppose I should learn.  Not that anyone really
HAS to satisfy me anyway;^)

Now if we just had a way to dynamically generate gui config editors from
these files.  Wouldn't that be nice!

Just as one little final thought on the HTML-ish to Scheme thing.  This
is just a thought, not really meant to draw comments or flames.  Just
for mental perusal.  How many people do you know that can write HTML
compared to Scheme.  I'm talking about your average joe, not necessarily
programmers.  well even programmers.

jason

--
Jason Gilbert | http://www.scott.net/~jason/ | http://www.mantissa.com/

"The total job will be in the software, and we'll be able to write big
fat programs. We can let them run somewhat inefficiently because there
will be so much horsepower that just sits there. The real focus won't
be who can cram it down in, or who can do it in machine language. It
will be on who can define the right user interface and properly
integrate the main packages." -- Bill Gates, PC Magazine 1982