Re: Gnome Score fails

¡Hola!

>   I'm trying to compile the latest GNOME off the CVS tree, it fails with the
>   following error
>gnome-score.c: In function `gnome_score_get_notable':
>gnome-score.c:73: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
>gnome-score.c:91: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>gnome-score.c:92: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>gnome-score.c:93: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> It seems that struct ascore_t is not defined,
> gnome-score.c includes gnome-score-helper.c but before it does it #defines
> GNOME_SCORE_C which means that structure is not defined.
> Moving the structure defintion outside the #ifndef GNOME_SCORE_C seemed to
> fix that problem, now it's saying it cannot find read_scores(), oh well.
There is a long history... :-( Elliot wrote the original gnome-score stuff.
Miguel and I think that his system was ugly and i rewrote it using
gnome_config_*. As gnome_score_helper runs setgid Elliot (that's a bit paranoic)
think that depending on libgnome is unsecure, so he repost the old code of
gnome_score_helper, but didn't change the gnome_score.c... And he posted a
not-enough-old code, so it needs be suid.

Briefly, the gnome_score stuff is now broken. If you're accesing via cvs
then you can retrieve past versions of gnome_score_helper (the last
before the Elliot post...) or you could comment out all the code and add
gnome_score_log (params...) { return 1}; and the same for
gnome_score_get_notable.

Somebody has showed that making all the games suid games hasn't security
implications, because the only permissions that the user games should
have is to write /var/lib/games. I'm waiting what Elliot has to say.

>  - Craig

					HoraPe