Re: Scroll bars.

Ben> Jot (a text editor on SGI) uses the third mouse button to scroll
Ben> around by grabing the text pane.  VERY nice when you get used to
Ben> it.

Tk's standard bindings use B2 to do scrolling.  Actually B2 is
overloaded: if you drag then it scrolls; if you don't then it inserts
the selection.  It's actually quite nice.

One nice thing about Tk is that it is easy to change the bindings.
The downside is that there is no way for the *user* to do this.  For
instance, Tk binds Delete to delete right, which I hate.  Other people
like it.  Clearly it would be nice for Gnome to let the user have
control over bindings...

Porting xkeycaps to the Gnome environment would help this problem at
one level.  But it certainly isn't sufficient.

Tom