Re: Scroll bars.

Gregory Maxwell writes:
 > It would be MUCH more sane to place them on the left and put the up and
 > down (and perhaps a page up and down) button all togeather on the top or
 > bottom..

Okay, everyone stand up and chant along with me and raster: "Themes,
themes, themes, themes....".

I was bitching to someone about how every X program has a different
graphical luser interface (GLI -- pronounced "glee", with glee).  He
said "well, that's a good thing, because it's by no means obvious that
one GLI is better than another."  Well, he's probably right, but
neither should EVERY program be different.  Much better for every
program to access Generalized [Network] Objects (sound familiar?), and
let people customize ALL their programs at the same time.  So if
someone decides that they want clustered scrollbar buttons with
shapes, they'll get this in the upper left-hand corner of ALL their
scrollable windows:

+------------------------------------
|      |     |
|  ^   |  v  |
|      |     |
|------+-----+
|      |
|      |
|      |
|      |
|------|
|WWWWWW|
|WWWWWW|
|WWWWWW|
|------|
|      |
|      |
|      |

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok |   Freedom is the primary