Re: Scroll bars.

On 26 Jan, Russell Nelson shouted:
->  Gregory Maxwell writes:
->   > It would be MUCH more sane to place them on the left and put the up and
->   > down (and perhaps a page up and down) button all togeather on the top or
->   > bottom..
->
->  Okay, everyone stand up and chant along with me and raster: "Themes,
->  themes, themes, themes....".
->
->  I was bitching to someone about how every X program has a different
->  graphical luser interface (GLI -- pronounced "glee", with glee).  He
->  said "well, that's a good thing, because it's by no means obvious that
->  one GLI is better than another."  Well, he's probably right, but
->  neither should EVERY program be different.  Much better for every
->  program to access Generalized [Network] Objects (sound familiar?), and
->  let people customize ALL their programs at the same time.  So if
->  someone decides that they want clustered scrollbar buttons with
->  shapes, they'll get this in the upper left-hand corner of ALL their
->  scrollable windows:

Great. Well lets talk about all of this. lets not spam gnome-list.
gnome-themes-list@gnome.org is up.. lets make good use of it. Those not
listening or mailing to it probably aren't interested in themes, so it
will reduce spam-value.

I'm excited that I could work with others here to try and acheive the
"BEST GUI FOR EVERYONE" goal.

->  +------------------------------------
->  |      |     |
->  |  ^   |  v  |