Re: WM & Bit Depth

raster@redhat.com writes:

> How about people just write better code and make it run in
> 1,4,8,12,15,16,24 and 32bpp? Thats a much better solution. I wrote imlib
> just for this purpose.. so I dont need to know what bitdepth you are
> running... It figures it out and does its best to make things look
> decent.

If this could be simplified and implemented in a way that allowed it to
be plugged into applications, it would probably be better than an
extension to X.

Another point, I think there should be provisions for scaling windows.
Currently, if I resize a window, it grows in the sense of containing
more informaion, but I cannot generally zoom in or out.  In particular,
I'd like the windows to stay the same size relative to the screen size
when switching resolutions.

Of course, I've no idea if this is feasible...

~kzm