Re: Free QT?

johnb2@home.com said:
> Qt is freely available.  I downloaded it source and all. It is also
> going to be distributed by S.u.s.e & probably Caldera. Probably other
> Linux distributions as well if KDE becomes popular.

Sorry but that shows a severe miss-understanding of the issue. Qt is only
free under restricted terms. I cannot for example use it in a final
year degree project without making it GPL (which might not be an option),
unless I pay money at which point it is not free.

Where as with a GPL'ed toolkit like gtk or Lesstif, I never have to pay
anyone money, I am FREE to anything I want with the toolkit. That's the
difference.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jab@hex.prestel.co.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195