Re: Gnomescape...when?

> I thought Netscape was based on the Roguewave cross-platform library
> which would cause problems for GPL.  Anybody know the story?

I think they also use a version of Sun's Java implementation, which is
also not quite free software, although it can be distributed in source
form.

Perhaps issues like this are part of the reason they are waiting until
5.0 to release the source - they may need to clean up the parts with
incompatible licensing.

 - Maciej Stachowiak