Re: Orb choosing time (was Re: Adding other languages to omniorb)

Philip Dawes <philipd@parallax.co.uk> wrote:
> - When a corba application calls boa->impl_is_ready() it blocks
>         (waiting to serve messages from other corba objects).
> - When a gtk application calls gtk_main_loop() it blocks
>         (waiting to serve events from X).

You can make the gtk event loop non-blocking by adding an idle
function. I don't know about CORBA, but I would be very surprised if
there were no way of getting around the blocking effect above. After
all, it is supposed to be useful on, e.g., the MacOS, where every app
has a GUI with an event loop and thread support is poor to
nonexistent.

 - Maciej Stachowiak