Re: Gnome Mailing List

F> On 21 Jan 1998, Alan Shutko wrote:
>> That's why mail has message-ids.  So you don't have to see multiple
>> copies of mail.

F> Email has no message ids. RTFRFC.

What does this look like:

I did check RFC822 and 821, and by my reading email is allowed but not
required to have message-ids.  In practice, find me some mail that doesn't.

While we're on standards, recall that Reply-To is to specified by the
originator, although RFC822 recognizes it might be useful to coerce
messages back to a list.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.