Re: Gnome Mailing List

> > yes, but the gnome lists right now are more technical oriented and
> > thus the average posting population of this list knows how to use
> > their mailer.
> Yes, but the old behaviour forced you to edit the headers of replies in
> every case, no matter if you wanted to reply to the list or to the author
> alone.

How is that? If I hit 'r' on any article in pine, at first it asks me, whether
I want to use the Reply-To or From address, and then, whether I want to reply
to the sender or all original recipients.

That's not much header editing is it? I can do what is required without
fiddling with the headers...

To me, this reply-to field is just annoying, since this is something that only
a very little number of mailing-lists uses (of the 16 or 17 I am subscribed
to, there are 2 that have this behaviour), and this requires a slightly
different behaviour on my part.

And, as for multiple copies of the responses sent to me, I really prefer this,
as this will mean, that procmail will put the mailing-list copy of the mail
into the mailing list folder, while the second copies of those answers to me,
(the ones that I am primarily interested in) end up in my normal mail folder.
This is something that I really like.

  Benedikt

Windows 95: n.
    32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
    operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,  written
         by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.