Re: Gnome Mailing List

Florian Hars <fm5a014@math.uni-hamburg.de> writes:

> alone. Most people didn't do this, and the To: and Cc: fields got filled
> with useless addresses, and you got all replies to your messages twice
> (and the replies to the replies, too).  The new behaviour does not force
> you to do this in the standard case that you want to continue the public
> discussion in the public forum.

> The old behaviour was *REALLY* ANNOYING*.

My experience is that lists which do set the Reply-To field gets riddled
with private messages, which are quickly followed up by an apology, and
of course six people stating that the message probably was erroneously
posted to the list.

Then there are cases where one wants to set the Reply-To: field,
e.g. vote taking and such.

I think no default Reply-To is the lesser evil (although it matters not
much to me, since I can tell Gnus to do away with duplicates, as well as
pay attention to lists with agressive Reply-To behaviour)

~kzm