Re: gdk-imlib

On 25 Feb, Jay Painter shouted:
->  I've just created the module gdk-imlib in the CVS repository with is a
->  raster's gdk-imlib with the GNOME configure scheme using autoconf,
->  automake, and libtool.  It also builds the test program.
->
->  The configuration still needs some help, and the code needs to be modified
->  so the fallbacks can be disabled by a #define DISABLE_FALLBACKS or
->  somthing like that.  I'm also sure there is plenty of stuff that can be
->  taken out, such as the internationalization.

<IN A BAD MOOD>
the whole lot is unneeded fluff. I have addressed the falback thing long
ago wiht the imrc holding a config for that. all the gnome dependant
stuff is fluf and undesired - just as "gnomifiying" gtk/gdk is. you
will have to maintain this yourself. What was beign done before was
correct. This is not. You also are missing the utils (the imlib config
program and are violating Imlib's prinicpals - that is to be
independant of anything above it. GNOME is high-level. Imlib is
low-level - it is like makeing the kernel require GNOME.
</IN A BAD MOOD>

->  Jay Painter -- jpaint@serv.net -- jpaint@gimp.org -- jpaint@real.com
->  http://www.serv.net/~jpaint

--