Re: RPM and Corba/GNOME

> > It can not be implemented directly as a virtual file system in the
> > the file manager, as some operations on packages do not really map
> > well to the vfs interface (upgrade, rebuild, dependecies).
>
> But could it be implemented as a set of small programs that are
> registered as actions for RPM file types?

Sure, but there are some operations that you probably want to see in a
fashion that is not file-system like.  Probably you want to see a tree
for the dependencies, or the space taken up.

Yes, we can have an rpm-file system for installing/removing packages,
but some other rpm-specific bits might make sense to be incorporated
into a GUI of its own (and we could invoke this gui from the file
manager without problems of course).

Miguel.