Re: A stupid procedural question re CVS

>  If I find a bug in the CVS code, should I:
>    1) fix the bug and submit diffs (but to whom?) or
>    2) fix the bug and commit (but that requires write access), or
>    3) fetch the current version and hope it's fixed there?

Option 1 is the best.  You can send the patches to your favorite Gnome
maintainer, or directly to the list, I guess.

>  If I update to the current version, should I have to update every
>  gnome package that I'm working on?  I tried "cvs -z9 update -d" per
>  http://www.gnome.org/software/anoncvs.shtml, but that tried to update
>  everything.  I guess I should have left the -d off.  Maybe that web
>  page ought to be changed?

The -d option specifies that cvs should create and populate any
directories you may be missing.  For example, if someone adds a new
directory to a module, you'll want to use this option.

  Quartic