Re: Announce: PPP link + Mail Gnome manager

Hi,

> I've just developed an application, called "xnet", which is a
> graphical GTK/Gnome frontal for managing a PPP link. It also includes
> a "xbiff" functionality.  It displays the connection time, the local

Excuse me, but why do you include both functionalities into one app?
Wouldn't it be better to notify a user defined app, that can handled
various accounts, that the link is established?

Comments:
- I didn't test your app, cause I have an ISDN dialup connection. So,
  is it possible to include an ISDN functionality (ipppd), like kIsdn or
  XIsdn?
- I'm using debian. There was a new package called wvdial today. It could
  be usefull for you:

wvdial - PPP dialer with built-in intelligence.

WvDial sacrifices some of the flexibility of programs like "chat" in order
to make your dialup configuration easier.  When you install this package,
your modem will be detected automatically and you need to specify just
three parameters: the phone number, username, and password.  WvDial knows
enough to dial with most modems and log in to most servers without any
other help.

In particular, you no longer need a "chat script" to handle the most
common situations.

Dirk