(I18N) Please avoid not-gtk-configurable things..

While fixing i18n problems in GNOME programs, I have found that the
most of the problems come from hard-coded GtkStyle, font, color...

I can make some GNOME programs speak in Korean, by just editting my
~/.gnome/gtkrc (adding Korean font in fontset).  But if a program uses
its hard-coded font, there is no way except modifying source code.

What is to be avoided?

* gtk_style_new(), set some fields, and gtk_widget_set_style().
* gdk_font_load("...-iso8859-1"), gdk_draw_string() with the font.

Don't make your program more prettier using these low-level functions.
It may restrict its users to 8-bit language natives.

In short,
"All styles, including font and color should be configurable by gtkrc
file."

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Good hacking day.

ps.  Qt never supports multi-byte languages.  As for me, there is no
competitor to GNOME.  :-)

- Changwoo