Re: Not key themes anymore

(This probably belongs in gnome-gui@gnome.org)

How about letting the user modify the dialog/GUI.  By pressing an
Edit... command, the user is put into a visual dialog editor, with the
current dialog in it.  The user can then move, replace, rotate, and
switch elements of the dialog.  An original backup copy would be kept,
of course, and a user would be able to rollback changes.  The author of
the dialog can set a read/write switch.

When the user edits the interface, they should also be able to view and
edit the scripts and actions underlying the interface.

There have been other projects that have constructed an editable user
interface, among them HyperLook.
(http://catalog.com/hopkins/hyperlook/index.html)

It'd definitely be cool to be able to do _anything_ to my system that I
wanted to.

allen rouse wrote:

> Apologies to all and to Jim and Russel if I have misunderstood the
> subject of this thread!
>
> Jim Pick wrote:

[snip]