Re: how to start up gnome??

Ronald Verlaan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just compiled and installed gnome 0.12 succesfully :)
>
> This may sound like a stupid question, but how do I start it?????
>
> Is ut just another window manager I have to specify in my .xinitrc instead
> of fvwm2 or what???
No, gnome (in its current state...let's not start any my wm is better than
your wm wars) has no window manager as such.  So I use fvwm95 with the
gnome applications.

You run the applications just like, say, xload.  So this could be either from
the wm menu (if they are put in there) or, if you can get it to compile, the
panel program.

You could say the panel program is the core of the gnome applications.
Certaintly it is the launcher of all the other programs.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|