Re: Well then what is Gnome for?

> >  > A Gnome window manager would only be 1 out of 15 or so in Debian.
> >
> > I just DON'T understand this desire to have NO Gnome window manager.
> If you (or someone else) want to code one, we will include it in
> Gnome.

allthough there isn't too much special stuff we need from a window manager,
so doing patches to existing window managers will be far far easier ..

I don't think writing YET ANOTHER window manager is worth the effort ...

George Lebl <>
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!