Re: How to install gnome-guile and gnome-core

Hello Gary,

   I have applied your fixes to gnome.m4 to the CVS repository now.

> 	  make X_CFLAGS="" LIBS=-ldl
>
> as already mentioned on the list.   I was about to patch gnome-core's
> Makefile.am and configure.in to fix these, but looking at the equivalent files
> from gnome-libs and gnome-guile, it appears that X_CFLAGS (at least) is
> being used inconsistently between packages.  So I am not entirely sure what
> the best way to proceed would be.  My first thoughts are to patch *all*
> Makefile.ams to use X_CFLAGS and add an AC_SUBST(X_CFLAGS) somewhere in
> gnome.m4?  Is this correct, and/or useful (Hari -- are you listening)?

What is X_CFLAGS used for?  I have removed most of the references I
have found to it in the gnome packages.

> Also, I have managed to compile and install all of gnome-core by applying my
> macro patch and using
>
> 	  make X_CFLAGS="" LIBS=-ldl

This is pretty strange.  What are the contents of your gnomeConf.sh
file?  That file should include -ldl in the defnition for GNOME_LIBS,
is that the case?

> Would someone please commit this and yesterdays small patches to CVS?

i have not seen yesterday's patch.  Can you confirm if it is still
missing from the CVS, and if so, could you resend it to me?

Best wishes,
Miguel.