US$1000

I move that the GNOME project members donate the US$1000 donated to them
by SPI to SPI, so that they can make sure .deb distribution files for
GNOME and all of it's tools are widely available, especially once stable
versions of GNOME start appearing.  SPI may also provide members of the
GNOME development team(s) with a share of Debian's intenet resources with
this money.

Alternatively, I would suggest that we give the US$1000 to John Carmack
and tell him to go back to the Blackjack tables for an afternoon...

(jfm3)