Re: links

On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 11:34:43AM +0000, nuke@bayside.net wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Josh Yelon wrote:
>
> > Why not just generate small scripts?
> > [snip]
>
> i don't think the idea of running an extra process (/bin/sh) for every
> Gnome program you want to run is such a smart idea. remember that things
> have to be very compact, and well written

How about:

	#!/usr/local/bin/gnome-launch-app
	# <parsable comments ignored by above shell>
	# non_environment_var=value
	ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE=some_value
	execl /usr/local/bin/gemvt gemvt --execute /bin/tcsh

Where the gnome-launch-app is a minimalist executable which will ignore lines
with a `#' in column 1, treat lines with an `=' as environment setters, and
execl as a wrapper for the execl in the C library.

That's pretty compact! Did I miss anything?

Cheers,
	Gary V Vaughan
--
{#include #.signature#}
WARNING:  Cannot find '.signature' template file

PGP signature