Re: Shortcuts ??

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Mark Eaton wrote:

> Is there going to be an implementation of a shorcut type idea? Similar
> to what KDE has with their .kdelnk files but maybe with a few extra
> features. Also It would be preferable if the execution of such links was
> handeled by a small app because KDE they seems tied to the kfm which
> really seems to slow down my system.

	How is this different from symbolic links?  From what I've seen,
symbolic links are more powerful than Windows style .lnk files....  But
then again, maybe I'm just biased.

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.