Gnome cvs split.

[I have not posted the replay to Miguel to GNOME list by mistake...  A
few bug-patched mail.  :) ]

Miguel de Icaza writes:

 > 1. I defined a set of macros for autoconf/automake so that the extra
 >    gnome modules just include this for checking the existance of
 >    gnome, and found no way to be able to use this in configure.in
 >
 >    I had to put the whole macros in configure.in

The solution is to make aclocal .m4 (gnome.m4, I guess) macro used by
aclocal.

 > 2. Do not know how to deal with support.  We are going to include
 >    the support routine in every gnome module?  Or we are going to
 >    provide those on the gnome-libs package?

(Sorry about my poor English.  I have not understood that "support"
means gnome-common.)

My opinion is to provide only essential ones (like gettext and getopt) on
gnome-lib.

(But how can we do that?  AM_GNU_GETTEXT checks intl/ directory.)