Re: How to gnome/CORBA?

> On 5 Feb 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:
> > Tim> bit of overkill and bloat, isn't it?
> >
> > I don't think so.
> >
> > The points behind using services are:
> >
> > 1. Give users more choice.
> (...)
> > 5. Separate interface and implementation.
>
> 6. Enable network transparency.  A user's computing environment, as a
> series of services associated with their preferences, can be accessed
> easily; it is not necessarily coupled to a given machine.
>
> Is this pie in the sky?  Am I completely off my rocker?

I don't think so; I'd like to see a "real" network login, such that you
can access your environment from anywhere, eg, from work and
home.  There's still firewalls and such to consider, but that's not
the point.

--
                                                               Urmane Hendrake
"Apology accepted, Captain Piett."                             aka Jim Niemira