Re: pdf / ghostscript viewer

On Thu, 05 Feb, 1998 at 10:33:23PM +0000, Adam C. Finnefrock set free these words:

> >From Miguel's status report:
>
> > We need a free implementation of a PDF file viewer too. XPDF has a bad
> > license, and thus we can not use it. I am told that recent Ghostscript
> > versions can do PDF, if we can have all the functionality of Adobe's
> > acroread in our Ghostscript front end, the better.
>
> Would gv be a suitable starting point?  It displays postscript and pdf, and
> has been released under GPL.

I think there is a problem with gv in that hyperlinks aren't maintained.

I think this is because Ghostscript doesn't understand how to interpret
hyperlinks.  On the other hand, I could be totally wrong about this.

The User Interface to gv, on the other hand, is totally awesome IMHO, so if we
could duplicate that it would be a nice touch.  (although we might want to add
some more buttons for hypertext navigation.)

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."

PGP signature