Re: Is DPS a first-level component of GNOME?

Why not use something like startgnome?  Easy enough to figure out, but
won't be as confusing to new users as to what GNOME really is.

> Tom Tromey writes:
>  > Jim> * GSM (Gnome Session Manager, now just called Gnome,
>  > Jim> unfortunately)
>  >
>  > Why "unfortunately"?  I had suggested this a while back, and Miguel
>  > wrote to say he thought it was a good idea.  That's why I changed it.
>  >
>  > The idea behind the change is that this is the program that starting
>  > users will first run (i.e., from their .xinitrc).  So it makes sense
>  > to name it "gnome".

<Russell> Sorry about that, screwed up.  I am starting to really dislike
this Communicator mail client, will switch over to exmh one of these
days:)
begin:          vcard
fn:             David Freeman
n:              Freeman;David
org:            Worcester Polytechnic Institute
adr:            WPI Box #2202;;100 Institute Road;Worcester;MA;01609;United States of America
email;internet: freeman@earthling.net
tel;home:       (508) 831-6947
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE