Re: your $1000 donation is still here

On Fri, Feb 06, 1998 at 06:21:10AM -0000, bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> A while back Debian pledged $1000 to help support GNOME development.

It seems a shame to let such a generous offer set idle, so let me make
a few suggestions:

  * Buy some of the struggling college students on the list some
    equipment.  It breaks my heart to read "I'd like to hack out a
    Gnome app, but I don't have enough disk space."

  * Use it to help the FSF raise the $5k that they still need, last I
    heard, to finish display postscript.

  * Buy everyone who has made any type of contribution a book of their
    choice that would help them develop more and better Gnome-ware.  A
    suggested reading list could include
      - Friedman's "Scheme and the Art of Programming",
      - Sussman's "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs",
      - Gamma's "Design Patterns: ...",
    among many others.

-- John Kodis.