Re: Is DPS a first-level component of GNOME?

Tom Tromey writes:
 > Jim> * GSM (Gnome Session Manager, now just called Gnome,
 > Jim> unfortunately)
 >
 > Why "unfortunately"?  I had suggested this a while back, and Miguel
 > wrote to say he thought it was a good idea.  That's why I changed it.
 >
 > The idea behind the change is that this is the program that starting
 > users will first run (i.e., from their .xinitrc).  So it makes sense
 > to name it "gnome".

Only if it has sensible defaults, like bringing up the panner by
default, and if no window mangler is specified, asking which one
should be used.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok |   Freedom is the primary