RE: hiding menu entries

> I agree.  For document embedding, on feature I'd like NOT to see is
> the embedded app changing the menus in the container app.  Why not
> just
> have two menu bars instead?  A smart container could arrange them
> to save screen real estate.

Agree.  Speaking of menus, the ability to place menubars and toolbars on
the same line is the one feature I like in MS IE4 and such M$ bloatware.
Using the "a menubar is just a tool to place on a tool palette" way of
thinking, it would make sense for the contained app to put its menu and
toolbar into parent's tool palette (perhaps marking them with a color
that signifies that these tools (& menubar) are transient, associated
with the currently selected component in the compound document.
It might be sensible for the container to use one or two lines for its
menu and toolbar, then the currently active contained object would use
the next one or two lines for its menu and toolbar.

Paul