Re: pdf / ghostscript viewer

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Mark Galassi wrote:

>     Ben> 	What gv is missing that acroread has is the ability to
>     Ben> cut and paste text inside of a pdf document.  Not to mention
>     Ben> the hyperlinks that were mentioned before.

> I don't know about cutting and pasting the text in the pdf document,
> but I hear that croread has a cute feature: sticky notes.  You can
> comment on someone's document and pass her back the document with
> sticky notes.  Then there is a command (like control-t or something)
> which skips to the next note.

	I didn't know about the notes...  I don't usually need anything
like that.  :^)  However, I want to clarify what I said before. It doesn't
quite have cut and paste.  It allows you to mark text in the document and
copy it to another program.  It does not allow you to modify the pdf file.
gv seems to treat text like a picture.  In fact this is somewhat nice.
Scrolling around the page is a pain with acroread since it doesn't update
the screen as it is scrolling.

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.