Re: Mix of Ideas (Please read the first lineas at least to decide)

On Fri, 06 Feb, 1998 at 12:50:46AM +0100, Guillermo S. Romero / unnamed / Familia Romero set free these words:
> Search the ones you are interested in (sorry, I know that maybe x mails
> instead of 1 could be better).

Yep... So I'll only reply to one topic here :-)

> # Disabled Options - Not Set Yet
>
> Disabled options are painfull. They should not appear (the user will never
> be able to uses it, so never show it) or if inform about the reason when
> clicked (yes, you click a grayed button and a messages says "Your account
> can not use me, not enough rights" or "You can not use me at this moment, a
> previous action is needed for me to work", or bigger explanations).

Diabled options are useful so that the layout of the menu always stays the
same.  That way if I get used to clicking the "File" Menu and pulling my mouse
down about three centimeters to get the option I want, it's the same when
some of the intermediate options are disabled.

I like your idea of being able to click on the greyed out option and get a
message explaining why, though.

Does anyone know if something like this could be built up through the tooltips
mechanism or if something totally new would have to be written?  Wouldn't be
click -- just hovering over the greyed out item would pop up the tooltip
explaining why the option's not available....
(Course, the tooltip would have to be configured somehow to either pop up
different tips when the option is enabled/disabled or else configured to only
show up when the tooltip is disabled....)

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."

PGP signature